Potential Perks Of Treating Loss
- Your spirits may brighten. People with hearing loss who use hearing aids are less likely to feel down, depressed or hopeless, according to the Better Hearing Institute research.
- Your relationships may benefit. Using a hearing aid can have a positive effect on relationships, according to a BHI survey.
- You may start to see life’s sunny side a little more. People with hearing loss who use hearing aids are more likely to be optimistic, feel engaged in life, and even get more pleasure in doing things,
- Taking the reins on life might become easier. BHI research shows that people with hearing loss who use hearing aids are more likely to tackle problems actively. Not a bad New Year’s resolution in and of itself.
- It may lighten your cognitive load. Effortful listening due to unaddressed hearing loss is associated with increased stress and poor performance on memory tests. If you don’t have to put so much effort into listening, more cognitive resources may be available for other things—like remembering what was said, or enjoying the conversation with friends.
So make a hearing test one of the New Year’s resolutions you keep in 2017. Do it for yourself. You’ll be glad you did.
To schedule your hearing test call
JFK Audiology 732.321.7063.